What would you have done????

I just recieved a credit card offer for $10,000.00. I have two credit cards at a $500.00 limit each.
I don't need the $10,000.00 credit card, but I would like to have it because I thought maybe I could use some clothes, although I have clothes. But shopping went through my mind!
We are in a serious spot here, we are paying a few extra bills that we have made a payment plan for ourselves. So getting the card would make no sense I guess.
I tore up the application and threw it away.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• good for you!!! i had an offer like that about 8 yrs ago...only differance is..i accepted it. and now i am sooooo far in debt, my credit score is so flipping low..not cool!! these last 6 months have been sooo hard on me..financially..ive been paying the monthly rate, which is like 200+bucks..but the interest alone every month is 200+ so im really not getting outta debt at all!! it frickin sucks!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would have done the same. No need to be tempted.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• That didn't sound like a good fit for you right now. That's good that you ripped it up!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Good job! I don't have any credit cards at all for this very reason. Shopping and new clothes, even tho you don't need it is exactly what they want you to do. I will only ever have a debit card, if the money isn't' there, don't spend it.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Good for you !!!!! Less headache in the long run.. The only CC I have is the one attached to my bank account, no money on it.. don't need it...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You did the right thing. Good job, now you know you can be strong about this, and imagine what you can accomplish!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Part of it was my DH reminding me that we have bills already, not from spending, just a medical bill, prperty tax we just paid, car insurances. It does not end there, so he finally saw how much I wanted the card and told me to get it anyways... But hearing his words and the tone of his voice I tore it up.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011