my 1 month old has TERRIBLE gas, as far as i know, i've tried everything. we need HELP!!

i've tried mylicon, rubbing her belly, laying her on her belly, warm bath.....................

krisstencarmela

Asked by krisstencarmela at 10:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to take my son to the doctor and we got some medicine for him that way.
    slorosco

Answer by slorosco at 10:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you are breast feeding, it may be something you are eating. (Usually culprit is dairy or excess caffiene)
    faeriemamma

Answer by faeriemamma at 10:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You could try something called Gripe Water. I never used it but some of my mommy friends swear by it. Look into it though, I thought I remember something about a recall a while back. Also try laying him/her on her back and move his/her legs up and down like a bicycle (or move both together upwards toward stomach)
    tjsmom0208

Answer by tjsmom0208 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my daughter had really bad gas the first 6 weeks after she was born. its because their digestive systems arent fully developed for a little while. it was also what i was eating though. it was trial and error, but i cant eat rice, pasta, broccoli or cheese without her totally flipping out and getting fussy. she gets it from my breastmilk and it drives her little body crazy! when i slip up and forget, Gripe Water helps a ton! i get mine from Vitamin Shoppe, but you can probably get it other places locally too. hope that helps! try cutting out those foods for a few days at a time and see if it helps your baby!
    AnnaVictoria

Answer by AnnaVictoria at 10:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know you will probably say...Ewww! but it works. I had severe heart burn and a hiatel hyrnea..so much pain. I tried all the drugs over the counter and prescriptions. Aloe Vera Juice stopped the pain within 20 minutes. It was gone, for the first time in years. It can be found at Wal-mart in the pharmacy area. I water it done with juice for my little guy and he does so well now. He is 2 years old...for a one month old, I would check with babies doc to be sure that it is ok to use. I have also heard of an herbal drop that moms swear by called...gripe water. Hope that brings some relief to you!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You say you've tried rubbing her belly, but it may be useful to take her to an occupational therapist and learn the specific techniques for infant massage that help with digestive issues. I've had good luck with Gripe Water, too.
    MadAriad

Answer by MadAriad at 11:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Are you BF or Formula? Your baby could be experience colic. Peds will tell you not much you can do for colic, just ride it out. Holding you baby to your body with pressure, movement and warmth of your body can alleviate some. We ended up going to Ped several times, my dd is on acid reflux med and had to go to Similac Sensitive RS. Please check with your babies Ped before doing anything to get their advice. Best of luck.
    tngal

Answer by tngal at 11:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• burb them after every one ounce of norishment.
    yathere

Answer by yathere at 12:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Gripe water. Its like $7 at Walgreens, in the baby section. Works like a charm, you give them a spoon full after eating and they let out a huge burp or fart. If that doesn't work, your baby probably has colic, however the Gripe Water works on that too. Good Luck!!
    tinaking

Answer by tinaking at 12:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• When my daughter was an infant - I would lie her down on the couch, rub her belly clockwise, and then gently push her knees to her chest. It always let out a huge gas bubble and still to this day if I do it - it makes her crack up laughing.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008