Did I hurt my baby?

I just found out I am pregnant with my 2nd child today. But last week me and my husband went out and had a few drinks. Do you think I could have hurt my baby???

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No. If you just found out today, you can't change what you did yesterday and a few drinks once, is not going to damage anything. I had my second sky diving jump scheduled when I found out I was pregnant. I called to cancel and the instructor tried to convince me to go ahead with the jump. I was not convinced!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No. You wont be the first or the last.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• not likely. You can have a few drinks early in your pregnancy and it won't hurt the baby. I got trashed aweek before I found out I was pregnant. My child is completely normal and exceptionally bright.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You are fine. Just don't do it now that you know. I got wasted at an AC/DC concert when I was pregnant with my first and didn't know I was pregnant. I was only like 4 or 5 weeks along.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• eehh it's possible.. But so many ppl do it I wouldn't bee too worried about it honestly. Within the 1st month (when you don't know obviously) it can do wicked damage because that's when the brain is gathered together, but if you didn't get sloshed every other day or every weekend you should be fine!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would say no you are too early into pregnancy and you have to drink on a constistant basis daily to harm the fetus. Breathe and don't worry everything is ok!
    kaysabella

Answer by kaysabella at 2:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011