Could I still be pregnant??

I miscarried last June with first pregnancy not knowing I was. My bf and I have been trying since October to conceive again. My periods in December and January were not normal only 2-3 days of light period however a week after the period inJanuary I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative but I still feel bloaded, boobs are getting bigger and certain smells make me nauscious could I still be pregnant even though test came back negative?

kaysabella

Asked by kaysabella at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Why not take another test????
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• How many should I take and how far in between each? Tests are expensive and it seems that after reading some blogs on other sites ppl end up taking 4-6 before they get a true response that is correct. Ughhh
    kaysabella

Comment by kaysabella (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You can pick up tests at a dollar store and they work just the same as any other high priced tests. I would go pick up a few for $5 and then take them every couple of days and see if anything shows up. Not to scare you but I had a pregnancy that way and it was ectopic and I ended up having to have emergency surgery. If you dont feel well and suspect pregnancy even without a positive test go to the doctor. They can do a blood test and check you out fully.

Answer by gemgem at 2:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• at least 5 weeks since the start of your last period.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ILovemyPaulie that is just it my period is normally 2-3 days of normal blood flow and 2 days of brown discharge and both December and January my periods were 2-3 days of light period so haven't "missed" a period per say just haven't had normal ones. I am not feeling sick just have the nipple look they say to look for and certain smells make me wanna barf along with stomach being hard and bloaded!!
    kaysabella

Comment by kaysabella (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If it was me and my periods were that irregular and I thought I might be pregnant then I would just go to the doctor and let them do a blood test. That would answer that since they are accurate from just a few days post conception.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• All you can do is wait a couple weeks and test again.
    x3.babymama.x3

Answer by x3.babymama.x3 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I called my midwife I used when I miscarried and am going in on Monday to do a urine pregnancy test and if it still comes back negative they are going to draw blood but she said I very well could be with my symptoms so crossing my fingers it's a yes! Thank you guys!
    kaysabella

Comment by kaysabella (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• good luck
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 9:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• good luck keep us updated
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 6:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011