marriage? *edited

ok so me and my bf got into a huge fight and i blew it up when all i had to do was tell him what was wrong. But he wouldnt listen to me when i tried so instead os being mature i acted like a baby about it!! I feel awful about the whole situatuion but at the same time, he was wrong and he hurt my feelings so i wanted him to know that! But we were both actin immature so. but now we talked and have made things better but we are still healing after the fight. BUT now he wants to push our marriage plans back a couple of years!!!!!!!! i think its ridicoulus but he said we will see how things go. and i guess i can understand hes hurt but i dnt think one fight should push back marriage plans...what do you think ladies?

He said he was rly excited about getting married until i showed that side of myself! but it never comes out!!!! I know he was excited cuz he told his mom even thought we agreed to keep it a secret until afterwards. I feel like such a bitch!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to give him a little emotional space so that he can see that the one fight isn't going to be an on going deal. He may change his mind and keep the date you had planned. He's upset right now and probably doesn't want that one fight to be like the rest of your lives together. Then, after 6 years you would think he would know what it will be like.

Fights happen, sometimes they just take a little while to be gotten over.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have no knowledge of either of you, your relationship, or your situation other than what you have shared in this question. I will base my thoughts on this answer and this answer alone.

It could be possible.That this fight didn't just show him a side of you that he didn't really know or had experienced yet. It could have also showed him issues in the relationship that should be addressed and rectified before marriage takes place. Especially in the area of communication. IF this is what he is thinking I applaud him actually. Recognizing issues in a relationship and working them out before marriage is a good thing.Especially if the issue is communication. Saying "I do" does not magically make these types of issues better or make them go away. It actually can make them worse. Working out issues in communication is better done before marriage.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• sounds like he's stalling
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Wow! Sorry to hear that. He just wants to be sure, and you should want the same thing. If it takes a few years, then unfortunately it takes a few years.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think it's an excuse. Do you have a child?

Even when you are married you will fight, it's part of life. If you didn't fight it would mean that you weren't communicating at all, or one of you was holding things in.......so, having a fight isn't a good reason to not get married. Seems to me like he's just looking for an excuse.

Are you sure you want this guy? If he doesn't want to be married and you do, maybe it's time to cut him loose.

Good Luck sweetie, but don't let him keep you from having the life you want.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We have 2 kids and have been together for 6 yrs but never had the finances or in a financal state to where we could get married. but now we are in a good situation.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• try premarital counseling. he obviously has doubts, whatever u said must have really stung him.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011