have you ever had placenta previa in a pregnancy? if so did you use marijuana in the early months?

so i have had placenta previa in 2 of 4 pregnancies. i used marijuana in just those 2. and only in the first 3-4 months. i have 2 friends who have been diagnosed with placenta previa and used marijuana. a few days ago my daughters friends mother who uses marijuana for medicinal purposes had heavy bleading (she is 3 months pregnant) and was also diagnosed with placenta previa....i cant find any studies that show that it is a cause but it sure sounds like it to me so i want to see how many of us have had placenta previa duringa pregnancy that mariuana was used. be honest and answer annonymously if you need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hell no, i would never smoke weed while i was pregnant!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my friend had it, and she did not smoke weed during her pregnancy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have smoked and not had it. This is my first pregnancy though. I have done a lot of research on using marijuana while pregnant and my personal feelings are that everything the government and medical industry have said is just a bunch of propaganda. I have dramatically cut back my use while being pregnant, though, and plan to be completely off of it soon. I have a lot of old injuries that have been plaguing me for a while- that's why I have still been smoking. I figured it's better than the horrible side effects you could get from Tylenol, Advil or anything else that you really shouldn't take when pregnant.

Anonymous

• I had it with my first and no I have not smoked weed. I was in the military when I had my first child.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would never smoke weed it is illegal and anon I hope you know that in some states they drug test the baby at birth and you can be held accountable.
    Anonymous

• I know someone who smoked marijuana for the first 6 weeks or so of her pregnancy, before she knew that she was pregnant, but she did not have placenta previa.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• LOL. Yes, other anon, it is illegal. Because the government always knows what is best for everyone!

Sorry. Sarcasm.

So if it weren't illegal would you? Even if it was far less dangerous than any over the counter medication you could buy?
    Anonymous

• I was smoking pot when I conceived my son and continued until I was almost a month along since I didn't know I was prego yet. I didn't have any complications due to it.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who had it and never smoked.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 8:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011