My step-mother left my father and is now trying to ask for forgiveness

MY bio mom died a little over a year after giving birth to me. 6 months later my dad marries another woman. This woman has left him a few times and they always ended up getting back together. A year ago on feb 13 my dad suffored a major stroke. In August my step-mom went on vacation. Stole $17,000 from my dad and Never came back. She is now trying to say she is sorry and wants to be a part of our lives and that we forgive her. My dad loves this woman terribly and still wants to be with her. Since she has left his health has improved dramaticaly. He went from being the strongest person I know to being like one of my children. Is it wrong that I just haven't responded orlet my dad know what her new intentions are?

StefInfection

Asked by StefInfection at 2:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell him what you think but it's his choice and his mistake.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• This has got to be so hard on you. But in the end the choice is up to him. I would tell them both together that for your fathers sake you will not cause problems but you do not trust the women and it will take alot on her part to regain that trust.........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Honestly no matter how you feel it isnt your business. Just like if you and your dh were to split and maybe get back together would be your dads business. All you can really do is tell him your concerns, tell him youre only telling him the one time, and will support him in what he chooses. Hopefully he chooses well for himself.

Answer by gemgem at 2:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• His choice not yours.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 2:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i would protect my daddy from a woman who stole his money and his health... i would tell her = you shouldnt even talk to him. you dont deserve to. if you ever do i will get you.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• So I am assuming something along the lines of she is speaking to you but not directly to your father since he doesn't know about this? I don't think you can keep it from your father because he is an adult, so you have to at least let him know she wants to talk to him. But I wouldn't tell him anything else she has said to you otherwise you are serving as her messenger and the middle man. Let him know you think it's a terrible idea and remind him how she left when he was in need, and stole from him, and how his health has improved with her gone. Then you have to let him do what he will do, but I think you can say that you don't want her in your home, etc. Or you can just tell her to stop contacting you and reach him herself if she wants to speak to him badly enough. But I still think you have to tell him you heard from her. I hope it works out.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• as much as you want to help stay out of it b/c it could backfire on you
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• you could tell him but that doesn't mean he'll listen to you.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 4:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• if they are married the 17k would of been just as much her money as his so she couldn't really of stoled it. this is really sad but it has improved his health and frankly if even she doesn't love him and is using him in the long run all you have is your health and nothing but that should matter. would you rather he be alive or dead with or without her. if you want him alive it appears it has to be with her in it. poor guy. hope this didn't come out as rude or cruel.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011