I really need support ladies...

tomorrow I am going to court for a protection order because my ex was mentally/physically abusive for 3 years.... this is really hard for me as I sill care for him for some reason. Please, I just need words of encouragement... I'm having a really hard time... thanks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Stay strong. You don't want to waste any more of your life on someone who hurts you. YOU CAN DO THIS...many of us know exactly what you are going thru..we know there is a good life after you rid yourself of people who hurt you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't know your story, but if this man was abusive, then you need to follow through with this. Even if you still love him, you need to protect yourself and your child. Things can get better, take one step at a time, and this is the first step.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You're doing the right thing. This is the hardest step and the first one to severing those feelings. Just remember you aren't the only one.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You're doing the right thing. Remember doing this is probably saving your life and your child's life. Good Luck!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• This is a step towards your new life. You are a good person who needs to be taken care of not hurt. He is not the person to do that for you. You know this and you have to take this step so that you can have everything that you deserve. Be strong!!!! Keep remembering what he has done to you and that you are going to be rid of that.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's ok to love him. You just have to know and follow through on what is right, safe and best for your family. You know you are doing the right thing and it is unfortunate it has come to this but you will be stronger for it.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have been in exactly the same situation u r in. u r doing the right thing. as soon as u start having feelings for him,remember how bad he treated u!!!! Don't second guess yourself!!! U r 100% right!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• think about protecting your babies and be strong for them! you CAN do this! GOOD for you!! :)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You deserve to be safe, you deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. You are doing the right thing. Be strong and seek support whenever you need it. Good luck tomorrow.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You're doing the right thing. I know it's hard but you have to protect yourself and your kids. I totally know where you're coming from. You can't shut your feelings off and it sucks but be strong for yourself and your kids. You all deserve better than him.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011