How do i get my husband envolved in my weight loss he could stand to lose a few too

Mommabearofone

Asked by Mommabearofone at 2:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Health

• Same here! I challenged my dh though.. The only other way it works is if we do it together. But if you are looking for support you need to sit down and say honey I know you do a lot for us already, but I need to lose weight. I know you love me as I am, but I need to do it for me because I feel miserable but I need your support on this. You have effectively told him you respect him, you have a problem and this is how he can help fix it.. after all, he wants you to be happy because if you're not.. he's not. Then you just let him help you and if you want him to do it with you, just tell him that would help you out greatly.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Make it a challenge...Say at the end of 8 weeks, whoever has lost the least has to give the other a back massage, or something like that...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ask him to do it with you?...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thank you ladies, i have asked him in the past to be part of it and he gets excited but when it comes time he just sits there and makes excuses. He would rather just stay home with DD and watch tv or work in the garage, while i go to the gym alone and then i get to hear what took you so long when i get home.
    Mommabearofone

Comment by Mommabearofone (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't do the gym, but I do exercise and having my husband involved helps allot! Aside from just asking him, I try to pick fun things. Like at least once a month we go hiking somewhere. We also do kickboxing videos together. We don't do "exercise" as much as we find ways "to play"
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Dont buy no more junk and encourage him to take trips to the store
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My SO and I are going to start doing the Insanity workout together. I hear it's really really tough and not for beginners but I'm hoping it will kick our beginner butts!!! Because it's made by a guy, I'm hoping he'll be more inclined to do it. Seems like he is into it tho so hopefully...So, maybe if you try to do your workouts at home insted of at the gym. It will save you money and he wont have an excuse.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 3:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Have you tried asking him? Last summer I did, and my dh said he would do it with me, but had a hard time starting, but just a couple days after I started, he joined me and we both lost weight and he was all about it.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2011