TTC... adult content

Had unprotected sex around the 27-29... a lot! Well, I was not sure of when my period would be, because I recently stopped my birth control. I started my period late last night. :-(
Can I still test at the end of the month?? I wondered if there was still a chance since this is my period for January, and maybe I will miss my period for February? :) and be pregnant! Only say this because my periods are always end of the month. Maybe I'm just upset.... so what does this mean ladies :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You had a period. You are not pregnant. And since the number of days varies from month to month, your period will not always come at the end of the month.

along with that, it can take up to a year to get back to regular cycles after getting off of birth control. I would start reading up on how the body works. Taking Charge of your Fertiltiy by Toni Weschler is a good place to start.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Since you typically have month-long cycles, the sex was more than likely too late to conceive. If you get pregnant and miss your period at the end of this month, it will not be from the sex you had at the end of last month, and it hasn't happened yet. If your cycles are regular, you should have sex the second and third weeks of the month, since ovulation occurs 11-16 days before your period starts, and you're most fertile in the 2-3 days before that. Or your best bet would be to chart, so you know for sure when you ovulate and when you're fertile.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Pills are nasty things.. They screw with your body and it could very well be your normal period you were having. I was opposite, I stopped having mine for 3 months.. but I wasn't pregnant. Is it possible, sure likely probably not, just try to figure out when you are ovulating after this so you can get it by Feb! hopefully
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ur probaly not pregnant if u had ur period now..

just calculate ur next ovulation date from this period and try then.

good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011