How would you react if your child came to you one day & said "Mom i'm gay"?

I think i would be hurt & in shock of course but i would still support them the best i can & love them all the same.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I honestly don't think I would mind at all. It would come as a bit of a shock to my husband but it would never change how we feel about our children. I'd feel happy that my child would want to share the information with me.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• oh cool. is there anyone you like in particular? anyone you're thinking of asking out?
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Well.......as long as either one of my girls were happy I am happy.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would say.. Ok.. I love you..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• he knows i wouldnt care... i would be like.... "... and.... do you have a boyfriend you want me to meet or something?" he knows i love him "more than everything else in the world put together and nothing will ever change that - i promise" (that kinda mom doesnt care.)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• balagan_imma why would u have to give up ur dream of being a grandmother?

Gays and Lesbians can still Adopt..or have Serrogates to provide children..Just cause people are gay doesnt mean they cant have babies!!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I guess it's depending on how old they are. If they are like 5 or 6 and say it. I would think they just heard it from some where and don't understand what it really means. But either way I wouldn't care and I would support them and love them no matter what.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'd be completely fine with it. They would still be my child and I would still love them. They would still be the child I had raised and had done my very best to give them the tools and skills needed to navigate the world. The only thing different is the gender of the person they bring home to meet me.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 2:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would say "okay " and ask about relationships and then get back to our normal day. I adore my kids no matter what.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• LadybugTash said just what I think
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 2:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011