What happens to Israel if Egypt ends Treaty?

Egypt's banned Muslim Brotherhood movement has unveiled its plans to scrap a peace treaty with Israel if it comes to power, a deputy leader said in an interview with NHK TV.

Rashad al-Bayoumi said the peace treaty with Israel will be abolished after a provisional government is formed by the movement and other Egypt's opposition parties.

"After President Mubarak steps down and a provisional government is formed, there is a need to dissolve the peace treaty with Israel," al-Bayoumi said.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20110203/162433368.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Hard to say...... But, IMO, it could become a horrific mess.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• After President Mubarak steps down and a provisional government is formed, there is a need to dissolve the peace treaty with Israel," al-Bayoumi said.

This person says there is a NEED....he has NO POWER to do it. If a provisional gov't is put in place, what makes you think he would be successful in getting this action done?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have friends going to Israel in March. I will be following this closely and perhaps talking them out of the trip if need be. Hope their tour is refundable, but I highly doubt it. It's costing them a huge chunk of their savings...
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• – collapse
    Not my country not my problem. I'm only worried about us.
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I will be far more interested in what Israel does if the treaty is scrapped than in what happens to it ~ particularly if they are threatened or attacked.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Sooner or later, war
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• According to the Imam on Hannity last night, he finally admitted the Muslim Brotherhood wants Israel to cease to exist.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

That's a given. The MB is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• War
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2011