Why can you not find n osugar added apple sauce that is chunky!? At least at the regualr grocery.

All the chunky apple sauce has HFCS in it.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Try making your own applesauce. You can decide exactly what goes into it and it's far yummier than any storebought variety! I make my own every two weeks. Just cut (peel, if you want) and simmer apples over low heat for 1-2 hours while stirring occasionally. I like to add a little sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Buy organic. It's really not that much more.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yep, make your own. I've never seen a chunky no-added-sugar sauce at any store, not even special stores. I make my own when I want chunks.
    Anonymous

• ya why not make your own applesauce. its so easy to make, and it taste so good fresh.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• lol. I know I can make my own and I have but it's time consuming and messy. I would rather buy it ;0) Except you can't! lol
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hmm, it only takes me an hour, tops, to make a huge batch (we're talking a few quarts) and it's not mess at all unless I spill while trying to fill containers.
    Anonymous

• If you can peel and core an apple, you can make applesauce.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was going to say make your own, too. It's not that hard. You boil some apples add what you want to it (although all the recipes I've seen have a bunch of sugar and cinnamon in them). Have an apple peeling party. I'm teaching my 10yo dd and 9yo son to peel apples (with a paring knife no less!). Whenever I'm peeling everyone is begging for slices of the peel so double score...we have applesauce (well usually I'm peeling to make apple crisp) and everyone gets a snack of apple peels for the day, lol. And an apple corer saves time with the cutting.
    My dad used to make HUGE batches of applesauce and it would last for days.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2011