Why are exes such butts? (just a vent)

My ex is a punk ass, and he drives me nuts! He doesn't think about my children, only himself and his views are quite delusional. It's frustrating me and had to get it out! I wish he would stop and think about his children, but nope, can't do it. He can, of course, call me all sorts of names and tell me I'm a bad parent regardless of the fact that he is not involved in their lives (though we share custody and he has 50% parenting time). He doesn't take an active role in their lives and doesn't support their activities or is involved in their schooling, nor does he pay for anything, but I'm a bad parent. I don't take it to heart, because I know it's not true, and I know he's, for lack of a better term, crazy, but it gets frustrating having to deal with him and his crap repeatedly. It gets tiresome to say the least.

There's no question here, I just needed to vent, and don't want to dump it on my friends, they've heard it enough, and I wanted to do it anonymously. Have a nice day :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Because they are "exes." If they were such butts, they wouldn't be exes.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If they weren't* (typo)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• sarcasmbecause they are full of shit.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Because, they want to stay in control so, they have to be dicks! I've been divorced from mine for 31 yrs. and I still can't stand him.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Oh gawd! I know he'll be in my life forever because of the children, but I thought that the controlling crap and all that would get better once he moved on with his life (it's been over 2 years). Are you telling me I'll have to ignore him and put up with his crap forever?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• The controlling parts does get better once you learn how to ignore him and continue on with your life. I've been down the same road your on now. When I realized that my ex had cotrol of my emotional state, I had to do something about it real quick. I learned to forgive him and move on with my life. Once I was able to forgive him for his rudeness and lack of caring for other individuals and a few other faults of his, nothing he said or di bothered me at all..He will always be a butt and you will have to deal with him forever but you can get passed this...GL
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2011