PTO questions.

I am thinking about running as an officer for our local PTO, however, there has been so much drama at that school that I worry it will take years to fix what has been broken. What are some of your opinions about your local pto's and what advice would you give to a parent that is looking for change.

kitchenwitch78

Asked by kitchenwitch78 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• good luck. more people need to have good intentions when it comes to pto/pta. I tried, b/c i thought i was doing good for my kids school, but so many of the ladies are clique-y and like to complain about "how much they do", but when you offer to help, they don't take it? But seriously, good luck. I hope you can make a difference.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My SIL was very involved in the PTO at her DDs school. I saw the STRESS that went along with it as well. She was discouraged at times, but at other times LOVED what she was doing. She did it every year.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Do it- and I hope you have the support of like minded parents- it would be hard to do it alone- but if you can be the catalyst for others to get involved it would do wonders for a school caught up in too much drama!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011