gigantic baby!

ok, so my dd is 9 weeks old. she weighs 9.8 pounds as of two days ago. she is on enfimil gentlease, and she drinks 2 ounces every hour and a half to 2 hours. i started feeding her so little b/c anymore than that, she will puke it out her mouth and her nose! lol
but now for some reason, she is eating 2 ounces like every half hour or she screams bloody murder. and if i give her more than that, it is a waist b/c she just pukes it up.
can anyone explain this to me? i just can't figure her out!
i am going to take her to the dr, but i have to switch dr's b/c she told me shes just a spitter. this baby is not a spitter, she projectiles it out of mouth and nose!!!
any suggestions? thanks moms!

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like reflux
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Sounds like reflux/Gerd to me.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I learned this leason with my first......... If you are using power formula that you mix with water, STOP use the already mixed up stuff. Almost every line carries it. We used Simulac Advantage And you just pour it right out of the quart. I went from feeding every 1 and a half to 2 TO EVERY 4 HOURS!!!! TRY IT!!! We switched back to the powder when they got a bit older;)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i don't use the premix stuff, i think its a waiste of money with the amount babies eat..lol.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Probably reflux. Just keep up the 2 ounces at a time. She'll get past this stage soon enough. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• burp after every ounce

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i do burp every oz. not much of a difference. she will either puke right after eating, or sometimes it can be an hour later. im baffled! lol
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Had the same problem with my son, and it turned out he had the acid reflux problem... once I put him on the treatment he was fine.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Madsmom314 is saying to use the premix. It is more expensive, but if it reduces the puking, it is saving money.
    My first son was a large baby and did the projectile. The dr. told me not to worry he was just getting rid of what he did not need. It does sound like reflux and it might be a reaction to your water.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• tootoobusy- oh i get it. lol. well, last night i said screw the dr, i bought the tops care brand that says compare to enfimil gentlease, and she has had about 6 bottles from it, and she hasn't puked once. just the normal little spit up. so we're gonna stick with this for a few weeks and see how it sits.
    thankx ladies!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2011