seriously can it do this

Ok seriously I am not as dumb as this question that I am asking is, and this may be TMI, but I am just wondering. Here is my question. I just came off depo a while ago. My last shot was in February. In the first week of July I started having a period, it wasn’t a lot but it was a good amount. It lasted like two or three days. And I have had one every first week of the months since. My last one was the first week of September, and I haven’t had one since. So here is the dumb question, can it start and be going good and then stop. Does the depo do that? or could I be pregnant. Now wait before you start on the well take a test and/or go to the doctor to find out.

Jasmine0530

Asked by Jasmine0530 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• WELL I did. I have taken two test, both negative, but here is another question, could having the depo in the system give me a false negative? And I ask the doctor to test me and the freaking idiot doctor said, well did you take a home test and of course not thinking about it I said yes and it was a negative. Well she told me that if the home test came back negative then she wont do a test for me! Um hello why the hell not! I was to shocked and she started doing something else I didn’t ask here why she wont test me. But then another question is has anyone else hear about a doctor not giving you a test with out a home pregnancy test first?
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• The only question I really know how to answer is your last one. I have never heard off a doctor doing that before is she crazy. First of all the ones they have are more accurate plus you can request a blood test to detect pregnancy. Whe I became pregnant the doctors didn't even ask me such a question. They just asked when was your last period is and if you've been having any symptoms. Ok about the depo part I've heard they can mess everything up and you can have irregular periods sometimes. I don't think a PT can detect birthcontrol resulting in a negative test.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i never heard a dr do that i know i took a test and it came back neg and then two days later went to the dr and it came back bfp so it could be you have low HCG like i did
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I was on the depo shot for a year & it messed my system up so bad. I had months of bleeding that would go on & off! I still have only had 6 normal cycles since I went off of it more than 6yrs ago! I went on it after we had our daughter..which was a surprise pregnancy, but super happy to have her! I wanted to space my kids & have my next 2 years later. Well after 2 yrs & no luck we went to see a ob, who put me on clomid we did it 6xs 1 pill/day, 2xs 2pills/day & the last time we did 3pills/1day and that was the charm we had our son 9 months later!!! BUT I QUIET FRANKLEY AM AGAINST THE DEPO SHOT I AM IN THE 5% WHO SUFFER MAJOR SIDE AFFECTS & REGRET GOING ON IT!! MAYBE YOU WILL BE LUCKY AND WONT BE LIKE ME, BUT YOUR SYMPTONS SOUND LIKE WHAT MINE WERE!! GOOD LUCK!
    TAY-NATESMOM

Answer by TAY-NATESMOM at 9:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• OMG! What a stupid Doctor.....I went in to see if i had a Bladder infection and they gave my a PG test just in case... They always do where i go... So if that ever happen to me i would had said Sorry lady im getting a new doctor. One who cares enough to do what i want.

Oh and when i though i was PG i took 6 test at home and everyone other one was negative... but when i went to the doc to find out for sure with a blood test it was POSITIVE!!! so good luck.....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 4:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• well that depends.. when did you first start on the depo shot? and how long have you been on it?
    Anonymous