Antiques Roadshow lol! Do any of you have something you save because you think it is worth money?

I hang on to stuff that I think is worth money, mybrother is the same way but since he moved in with mom he was throwing things away and I snatched up a board game of "The Waltons" and old comic books and a Burger King doll. Do you have any collectables?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My wedding rings. I bought them at a gun show (yes I said gun show lol) for $400 they are worth about $1500 but we haven't had them appraised. It was just a jeweler looking at them and he knew alot about jewelery. He said they were from the late 1900's but didn't know the maker because the mark had worn off. I love them and I plan on giving them to my oldest son (if he wants them) to give to his feance' one day. I have two sets of wedding bands so both my boys get one LOL they can decided which ones they want :)
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 1:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• yes although I would never part with it my great great grandpa was in the Barnum and Bailey's circus and I have one of his bowling ball like pin that he juggled  passed down to me ...not sure if its worth anything though lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Wow Anon that is awesome, I have quite a bit of stuff from my dad when he was in Korea that I will never part with.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• thank you I think its neat you have your fathers stuff to hope you have a great evening

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Awww that's sweet. I like that story but do yourself a favor and get them appraised!!! and insured if you end up hearing that they are worth $20,000!!!!!!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• No kidding!!!! I have been really curious about it but just havn't had the money to have them appriased :) Once I do I will deffently have them insured. I really never take them off ecept to do dishes and take a shower but I could always forget to put them on lol
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 9:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008