Has anyone tried the HCG diet?

I was at a holiday craft show thing around Christmas and there was a booth for this HCG diet. They said you inject HCG hormone everyday for a couple months and you can lose a lot of weight. I want to get rid of 20 lbs so they said I would only have to do it one month. It is really expensive though. And I'm kinda skeptical about it. I do work out and eat really well I just can't seem to budge that last 20. Ugh

momof2cuteboys

Asked by momof2cuteboys at 4:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've only heard about the drops, haven't heard anything about the injections. I'll bump ya.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You can only eat 500 calories a day on that diet. You'll lose weight no matter what, then gain it back when you try to eat like a normal person again.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• So you basically starve yourself. Pass!
    momof2cuteboys

Comment by momof2cuteboys (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• well you can do it without drops just starve yourself! i looked into it and no thanks...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Ya hill2 I think I'll save myself the $200. WOW!
    momof2cuteboys

Comment by momof2cuteboys (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Definitely pass. It's SO dangerous! I don't know how people think this is a good idea, especially in the log run. Any crash diet will make you lose weight initially, then make you gain back even more, thanks to your new, slow metabolism, as soon as you stop. Honestly, make permanent and healthy changes in your life. I'm in the process of losing weight, and vie lost 48 lbs so far by eating clean and exercising. It's been slow, but it's working, and it will be PERMANENT.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• WTH!!!!!????
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Injecting yourself with anything to lose weight is a gimick. Common sense food portions and moving is key.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 3:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011