to mommys who use elipticals... i have a few questions!

How long do you work out a day? do you split it up? how many days a week do you do it? when did you start to see results? how long have you been using it? My husband and i just got one yesterday... i used it about 15 min earlier but plan to do more im just not really sure how long each day to do it and if it has to be in one big chunk or if i can divide it up... any advice would help thanks.

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Health

• Do what works best for you. I've found the ellipticals are different. I could do it continuously for 40 minutes on one at a Ballys and can barely do it for 10 minutes on the one at work (same resistance and level...different machine).

If you can do it for 15 and have more time, go for longer.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would always do around 30 minutes and then weights but after a while, I noticed I sort of met my threshold and had to add pilates to my workout. At this moment, my gym closed and I'm being very lazy. Depends on the elliptical and how hard it's set.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011