WHAT'S IN A NAME? DO YOU LIKE YOUR FIRST NAME MAMA'S? OR YOUR BABIES?

SO MANY NAMES TO CHOOSE FROM..."0-MY". SO DO YOU LIKE YOUR GIVEN FIRST NAME? DOES YOUR NAME HAVE A MEANING ATTACHED, OR DO YOU KNOW WHY YOUR PARENTS CHOSE YOUR FIRST NAME?

MY FIRST NAME GIVEN BY MY FOLKS IS:

CAROLINE - Named after my Father's mom who died shortly after giving birth. His mom had 10 children total - all natural birth. The first 9 children were all girls, my dad was the 10th and only boy.

Growing up in New York City - there's a rice and jingle which goes "Carolina The Extra Long Grain Rice". Growing up with that was not easy, since I was tall for my age, and long plus thin body frame and yes the gingle was attached to my hip by friends and enemies alike. LOL!!! However, I have come to admire and be proud of my name, it did help that I relocated from New York City, double LOL so the gingle isn't a continous reminder any longer of kid mean pranks, if you know what I mean. I never got to know my Grandmother, nor ever saw a picture, she was from the rule parts of Puerto Rico, but I am honored to be her name sake.

Caroline I have read stands for "Song of Joy", and that's pleasant, although I really can't hold a note, though I love to sing...I am a" joyful singer", but do bring ear plugs.
csjoy1 (Caroline), would love to know what's in your name and do you like it?

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Baby Names

• I obviously like my child's name because I picked it out. And I'm content with my own. My dad got it from a country song that he liked a lot.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My name is Joy. I was named after my parent's first foster child. Honestly I hate my name. I feel like it isn't really name and I feel like they gave me a used name since I was named after another important child in their life.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My name is greek for honeybee. I was also named after an Alman Brothers song, and a popular movie around the time of my birth. I like the song, never have seen the movie and DO NOT relate to my name in the least.

My kids are still young, 7 and 4, but they seem to fit their names very well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My name is Amy. I like my name now, but growing up I wasn't all that thrilled with it. It was second only to Jennifer in the 70's, so it was really common. I also felt my parents didn't put much effort into choosing it. My parents are the King and Queen of indecisive, so even though I was born 3 weeks late they still hadn't settled on a girl's name when I arrived. Apparently it was pretty common practice to give women drugs during labor back then, so my mom was pretty out of it, which meant my dad probably made the naming decision. They claim that at the time they didn't even realize they had given me the same name as my mom; she goes by her middle name, but her first name is Amy. I always wondered why she would allow me to be named a name she chose not to use for herself.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I was given my deceased grandmothers first name, my middle was because my mother was always called Elizabeth growing up (from the Waltons) because of her red-hair..
    I don't mind my name now, I just wish it were a little shorter.. Catherine Elisabeth... and my last name is JUST as long :(
    connor12907

Answer by connor12907 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My name is Karen. It's ok, but not my fav. Growing up in the '60s it seemed like every other girl in y class was named Karen.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I like my name, I have no clue why my parents chose that name, but I like it. I have never met anyone else with my name. A lot of people have similar names, but none exactly like mine. I like that. I love my sons name. We will see how he does with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'm Julie - my mom got the name from Days Of Our Lives. I like it ok, my dad wanted to name me Rachel, sometimes I wish he would have won that battle

Funny thing is for awhile I knew brothers named Victor & Roman...both also named from Days, lol!
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 1:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks to all who took the time...I have enjoyed reading your comments. It was fun...Cool... csjoy1
    csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My name is Kayla. My mom named me after a character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives". She just heard it and loved it. It means "slim and fair" and "keeper of the keys; pure". I've never been a big fan of it because there are so many other Kayla's in the world. I always had like four or five other Kayla's in all of my classes growing up. But it's grown on me. I've always hated my middle name, which is Regina. It means "queen".

My daughter's name is Scarlett. I got the name from an actress on the TV show "Reba". I saw it and fell in love with it. I knew that's what I wanted my first daughter's name to be. It means "red". Her middle name is Abigail which I got from a character on "Days of Our Lives" like my mom did me. Abigail means "gives joy" and she certainly does. We call her Abby for short.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2011