So, I am I the only one who thinks Valentines Day is a racket?

I bet it started with good intentions but it's turned into a 'you must spend money' holiday to! lol. What happened to home made cards? Is it not sad you have to have a special day dedicated to telling someone you love them? shouldn't you do that year round anyway?-- okay I'm done.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm totally with you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i agree. i had my 4 year old color a red heart for his grandmas, when they get them in the mail, they will be soo happy! me and hubby dont do anything special, just another day!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Agreed!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Nope, I've never been a fan of Halmark holidays... As far as I'm concerned Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Secretaries Day have no meaning.... If you want to tell me you love me, do it, don't do it just because some day on the calendar says it's time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think you're right. It's a good excuse to buy presents for people though. I really like making Valentine's baskets for DD and DH.. the dogs get them too, but canine appropriate, lol.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 4:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i feel the same way about Christmas, Halloween and Easter!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I agree w/ ya- that and Sweetest Day! WTH- like 1 sappy made up holiday wasnt enough, they had to come up w/ 2?! We dont waste our money on those & try to tell & show each other how much we love each other every day- not just on those days.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Valentines day is rediculous- kinda stupid if you are actually with someone, and depressing if you aren't!
    and yes it's all about money...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• A racket brought about by the partnership between pharmaceutical companies (to up the sale of antidepressants) & rose nurseries.
    ambertennille

Answer by ambertennille at 4:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• totally agree. it's like christmas but much worse cuz it puts alot more pressure on artificial things. i'm going relatively all out only because we dont spend alot of money throughout the year and instead of my husband takin me out i'm taking HIM out this year (he doesnt know it yet)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 4:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011