When to start counting cycle day one when your spotting before period?

I know when I was taking clomid with my 2nd pregnancy my obgyn told me to start even the spotting as cycle day one but Im not on clomid this time round so I dont know when to start counting my cycle cause I have been spotting for 3 days now and its not old blood its bright red/pinkish. I left a message for my obgyn but they wont be able to get back to me till tomorrow so I was wondering if any of you know.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would count the first day of real bleeding as day 1.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You don't count spotting. You count the first "flow" day.
    Anonymous

• I use the Creighton model of nfp and I would count bright red spotting as day one for my cycle.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I work for a reproductive endocrinologist and typically day 1 is the 1st day of full flow. It also depends on your estradiol level and how YOUR cycle typically works.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I believe spotting is ur first day or at least that is what my Doctor told me About 3 weeks ago
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 9:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks you ladies for all the responses, I talked to my doc and he told me to count any sign of bleeding as day on. And this is the longest I have ever spotted (5 days) and he said that its more then likely bc Im still nursing and my hrmones are causing me to spot instead of starting my period. Actually I decided on waiting for to concieve our 3rd baby bc I want to continue to nurse my 9 month old and my obgyn said that he would ask me to stop nursing because he has seen many women misscarry bc the baby isnt getting enough hormones in beggining but he did say that hes also seen women nurse and pregnant and baby is just fine but he doesnt want me risking it. Thanks again
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2011