Books?

I was thinking about getting books for DH and I to read. I haven't read a book in over four years. :( I wanted to get something for he and I to read together and be able to discuss. Any suggestions? Read anything good lately?

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 4:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Entertainment

• This is the best Valentine's gift. Thank you. A wonderful way to add to a relationship. Meaningful time together.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• readingany book by dean koontz. he is amazing.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Wow ! Four years ? Four days would be a long time without a book for me , I would miss books more than the internet . There are so many books, good, bad and ugly , it is hard to recommend any without knowing more about you and hubby . I suggest you decide on the mutual interest or curiosity you would like to explore and go to your local library to talk to a librarian before you go to a bookshop .
    If you are the USA, the New York Times has book reviews ccovering varied interests
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• John Grisham has good books that men and women would both enjoy.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Most men like John Grisham and Stephen King. My husband loves when I read him Erotica. Anais Nin's Delta of Venus is a good choice if you want to read together. I also recommend The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Dennis Lehane books are EXCELLENT. Have you seen Gone Baby Gone? Get the books from that series. Gone Baby Gone is the third or fourth in the series... I think there are six or seven books total. My best friend has them all (I got the newest one, Moonlight Mile, for Christmas) and recommended I read them. I was used to reading chic lit, so a good mystery-type book was an awesome change of pace!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• The Green Mile by Stephen King. Great book! Anything by Mr. King is worth reading, in my opinion! :) And it's not sappy or girly, so husband would like too.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I guess I'll just go to Wal-Mart tonight and grab us a few books. :) He's deployed and I thought this was a good idea.
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thanks for all the suggestions.
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2011