Who sees Valentine's Day as a chance to spend time with your SO? Maybe as a day that is not just another day?

I don't expect flowers or candy or huge expensive gifts but I'd love to use the day as an excuse to go out to eat. I doubt we'll get to for a couple of reasons but we hardly ever go out to eat anymore and it would be nice to even if it's on Valentine's Day. I'm not saying everyone needs this one day to get gushed over by getting a bunch of material things. I just don't have a lot of dislike for it.

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I see it as a day to spend time with my husband. We always go out to eat and see a movie. I enjoy getting gifts as well but spending a little extra time with him is the best gift.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Thats what I like about it.. Bc its Like I have to fight to get a night out with my husband.. its like I cant find anyone to watch our boys for one night and they are very well behaved little boys I guess they have more important things to do
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yep! We always buy something little for each other and then do dinner. I guess it is a commercial kinda holiday, but good excuse to spend time together!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 7:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I like the concept you're trying to illustrate with this question, OP. It elevates Valentine's Day from simple materialism to an opportunity for positive growth within a relationship.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I see it as the day I buried my mom. She died a few years ago and that is the day we buried her.
    Anonymous

• i think valentines is great...i love gifts lol :)
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We have a date night every Friday unless we can't get a sitter for the two youngest kids and my 16 year old can't do it. We really don't do anything special for Valentines Day it has no special meaning. The anniversary of the day we got engaged and our wedding anniversary are two days that are special to us and we takes trips sometimes to celebrate.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 5:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• between april and june we have our anniversary, my birthday, our dh's birthday, his birthday, mother's day, and father's day--- so we opt to not celebrate valentine's day lol...definitely a card and we'll eat dinner alone together, but besides that we don't feel like adding it to the list of "days" that we'll be expressing our love to each other...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We cant give gifts to each other or go out because er cant afford it and our first anniversery is the day prior so if we were to go out I would choose the annivery. We like to make a nice romantic dinner at home ansd give each other card and writr nice lovey stuff to each other. It s a wonderful night to show our love. I also buy a card for my son and a small little gift. Since I feel better this year I am going to make cookies and cupcakes
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would rather spend time with SO than to get gifts.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011