Sherribeare

Thanks for the support with the weight loss! I have a journal posted about clean eating, which is the "diet" I'm following. It's awesome! It has made a HUGE difference for me. I had a high blood pressure reading about a year ago, and I have a very strong family history of heart disease, diabetes and cancer (among other issues). Then I went skiing with my brother, which I LOVE to do, and I couldn't even get through 3 runs before having to stop for the rest of the day. It was heartbreaking and incredibly frustrating. It lit some fire under my butt, and I lost 17 lbs by summer. I maintained that until about September, when I got more serious about my diet, and I started running. I HAVE to exercise in the mornings, or it won't happen. I'm always looking for ways to make exercise fun. I can't hang with a treadmill, but I went for an hour run out by a local lake yesterday. DH doesn't exercise, and doesn't feel a burning need to eat healthy. He has no family history of anything, so he doesn't understand my fear. He is stuck eating what I buy (though I do get him what he likes, to some degree), and I make healthy meals every night from scratch, which makes a huge difference. I do keep a journal that I put motivational sayings that work for me, as well as inspiring images. I write when I wan to, and I try to keep track of my workouts, although I have an app that I primarily use for tracking. Seeing the changes in my body, fitting into smaller clothes, and feeling energized and strong really help keep me motivated now. I definitely have my slumps, but I remind mysel how far I've come, and ask myself if I want to lose everything I've worked so hard for. I'm not perfect, I have slip ups, I eat a little junk food here and there, but my body always reminds me why that stuff is no good, as I feel like crap for a couple of days afterward. It's harder to exercise with bad fuel! I hate feeling like I've just lubricated my insides with saturated fat and sodium. I've learned that no one but me can motivate me. I keep food logs periodically, and if I lie on there, that doesn't subtract the calories from my body. I am a big fan of food labels, too.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 5:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Crazy for Credits

• That's great! I actually went to the cable company today and picked up a DVR box to put on the tv in my exercise room. Maybe it won't be so boring on the treadmill if I can also watch my recorded shows. I agree with working out in in the morning. It really is the best time!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1633959/What_is_Clean_Eating
    That's the journal. I can't link it because I can't use full editor from my phone.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011