Is it easier to raise a boy or a girl?

Penguin88

Asked by Penguin88 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a 3 year old boy.. I can only think a girl is easier lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• BOY! they are so easy to please! I have 1 girl and two boys all tween or teen age!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have one of each. I can honestly say that my daughter was way less a hand-ful than my son. He seems to have no fear of decipline. Where as my daughter I would only have to tell her something once and she would obey.
    CassySchenk

Answer by CassySchenk at 5:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I only have a son, so I don't really have experience with both.. but I can certainly tell you that the three nieces I have (in two different families) are certainly a lot more high maintenance than my son is!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It really depends on the child's personality. I've known boys who were really laid-back and easy to deal with and I've known boys that were, as the saying goes, "hell on wheels". The same for girls, I've known those that were little angels and others that could try the patience of a saint. Of course with girls, you also have that puberty, hormonal thing when they hit their early teens.....LOL.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 5:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I doubt gender matters in terms of who is "easier" unless you treat your kids differently enough because of their genders to make them that way. It comes down to individual personality and what the parent considers "easy". I have a girl and a boy on the way. She's "hard" in ways that many people would complain about boys. Rough, physical, rowdy, loud, high energy. I just say she's a kid and and that's how kids are. I imagine the next one will be the same.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I only have one DD, and i am terrified to have another one, period. She has been so easy, the whole time. Im sure i fant feet that lucky again Lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have 3 girls and a boy. And yes the boy is more active but the girls are just way more complex. All my girls are 17 to 19 months apart and one started getting boobs and a year behind here comes the other. Thank God I havent dealt with periods yet. But I can't imagine when that times comes. Not to mention girls require more maintenance. Hair day is hectic for me. When I am done with their heads my arms are just numb. My boy keeps me on my toes because he just doesn't like to sit still and he gets hurt alot. But when boys get into it with their friends they fight and its over with. Girls are different its more emotional. And that drags on even longer. I would say girls are more difficult.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We had two sons and a daughter. I don't think one is any easier or harder than the other. Every child is different and has to be dealt with differently, but we kept all the basic rules the same, and they all turned out great.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have 2 daughters and 4 grandsons, the boys r a handful. Girls r much easier!
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 5:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011