best vacuum cleaner?

My (eureka) vacuum cleaner keeps getting clogged.The dirt doesnt even make it to the dirt cup..i just passed the 1-yr mark.great!
So i'm looking for a new vacuum cleaner but internet reviews either show horrible experiences or the best ones so i'm kind of confused and cant decide. I thought i was sure about the Bissell Healthy Home but i read it was extremely heavy. Since i have stairs and would have to carry it upstairs...not so good!
Anyone with a Bissell Healthy Home vacuum at home who can share their experience?
I dont have any pets.Just a messy 2 1/2 yr old, a husband (lol) and i guess a shedding carpet...(military housing)
Thanks a lot in advance!

PS: I'm not looking to buy a Dyson..my price limit would be $250

Davina85

Asked by Davina85 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Dh and I own a carpet cleaning business, so we tend to go through Vacuums quick. The dyson we bought only lasted about 3 months before it was clogging so bad and often it was a goner. Now because we sometimes go to homes with a ridiculous amount of dirt and fur on the carpets I maintain our vacuums by cleaning them out once a week or after really large jobs.

The one vacuum that clogs the least and maintains it's suction is the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum. We have two, 1 for personal, 1 for the business. The home use one was the business one for over a year and still works great, but rough and tough hubby broke the handle off and the glue holding it together didn't look professional....LOL.

I highely recommend Bissells, they work great! Oh and BTW that first bissell thats for home use, was a Floor Model too!!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We have always had great luck with Bissels. Vacuums and steam cleaners. I grew up with them
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My daughter has a Bissell, and she says it works better than all of the others vacuums she had.
    free1

Answer by free1 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011