Tap water=fussiness???

I use tap right now for bottles. I've heard that tap can cause fussiness and lately it seems true because my daughter has been so fussy and will hardly sleep.
Do you think it's cause of the tap? or is it something else?

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be the water, or it could be the formula.

When I was using powdered formula, I used tap water a few times and it did seem to make my son fussy. Then I started using boiled water or bottled water and that was better for him.

Now I just use the ready-to-feed formula. No problems with that.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Did you recently switch? Otherwise, it's highly unlike that your tap water would suddenly start bothering her...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• No, its the formula.
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 1:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i have always used tap water when i switched to formula (drinks whole milk now) i never heard of anything like that... i don't tap water will make ur baby fussy
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• in my opinion you should definately always keep a pan of boiled water on your stove, ready to make bottles with. it takes very little effort to boil a pan of water in the morning and use it all day, a kettle even. the water is boiled therefor your baby is getting cleaner, healthier water. even with bottled water it can still be risky i boil it anyways. just a tip from the doctor!

Tiff08x3

Answer by Tiff08x3 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2008