What do you make for dinner when you don't know what to make for dinner??

Do you have an old stand-by that is a shoe-in in case you can't think of what to make? What's your family's favorite dish?

hippomom1919

Asked by hippomom1919 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• usually i make pasta if i don't feel like cooking.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hmm, that would be tonight. It's usually take out night, but with the nasty weather I'm not heading out to pick anything up. If hubby makes it back before dinner time I might see if he wants Chinese and will go get it. Otherwise, it will be homemade chicken nuggets.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I'll usually do a baked sweet potato for my daughter with some spinach and lentils :) I snack on whatever....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If we don't feel like making the dinner recipes we have for the week, then it is take out night. We usually will do one take out night each week. That is tonight actually, for I don't feel like making the 3 envelope chicken that's on the menu. I'll do it tomorrow.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Hamburger Helper if we are stretching paychecks or just too lazy to really cook, lol. Doesn't happen often though, I can't stand it.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 5:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• homemade mac and cheese or a hotdish
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• or frozen pizza
    americansugar80

• nope. we never know what we're having for dinner til we're in the store. like last night we were in the store and saw cornish hens on sale. it's always impulsive
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• pigs in a blanket, just hot dogs rolled in a bisquit with a small piece of cheese. they are sooo yummy and fast and my ds helps me make them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I make sure that I keep Baking Mix and Syrup on hand at all times! I have a really nice "hotel-style" waffle maker, and it only takes me about 10 minutes to make HUGE Waffles for the whole family and hubby loves it! Also, my hubby likes Rotini noodles in tomato Sauce with a little butter...REALLY easy!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011