I'm itching all over/ there's a rash? what is it??

It just started like a few days ago. I don't know what it is?
any ideas on what it is
and ideas on how to make me not to itchy because it is driving me crazy!

Sammy4411

Asked by Sammy4411 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Health

• Have you been outdoors in overgrown areas? It could be an allergic reaction to something in your home, or work area. I developed a skin irritation that lasted for months after my DS was born. The doctors couldn't identify it, but I later decided it must've just been that my skin, after being stretched to accommodate my DS, was doing its best to return to it's pre-pregnancy state.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i don't really leave my house, it's a bit hard for me to get around lately. I'm 32 weeks (almost) pregnant with twins.
    Sammy4411

Comment by Sammy4411 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If it feels like its more on the inside out than it could be something you ate. I started taking some vitamins once and if I didn't drink a ton of water I would itch extremely bad. I took some benadryl and some water and felt a lot better.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You need to call your doctor and tell them. There are pregnancy related medical conditions that can cause itching. One is no big deal, the other can be signs that you are having liver/kidney problems. Call your dr ASAP
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Itching during pregnancy is a common symptom. What many women don't realize, however, is that sometimes itching can be a sign of a liver abnormality called intrahepatic (within the liver) cholestasis (pooling of bile salts) of pregnancy. When associated with itching, the skin component is called pruritus gravidarum. It is a rare condition occurring in 1-2/10,000 pregnancies in North America, Asia and Europe. In Chile it occurs in 2% of pregnancies, while in Sweden it has been reported in up to 14% of pregnant women. It is more common in the last 3 months of pregnancy and with twin pregnancies. It recurs in subsequent pregnancies in 60-70% of women. About half the time it is associated with yellow jaundice. The stillbirth rate and rate of neonatal death associated with fetal distress is increased about 3-4 times.

karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• it could be dry-ish skin. i have to lotion my boobs or i scratch through the skin on them. i use one without a scent in it. the weather is dry with the heaters running.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• mommy , call ur dr ASAP , when i was pregnant with ds , i was also 32 weeks like u and i had the same symptoms and ended up with cholestasis :( .... nothing will stop the itchiness so it'll only stop after you give birth , that's why i was induced at exactly 36 weeks ..... :(
    and i heard is more commom with preganncies of multiples ,m even thought is a very rare condition ........ i am a twin , so i sometimes wonder if i inherited from my mom :( .... please pm and let me know so i can give you support if you need it : )
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011