i shouldn't laugh

my daughter calls her cat Pussy.!!! i doubt she is refering to something else. she knows proper name for her privte areas. She's 12

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 5:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Nothing wrong with being a little sick!! LOL My dd will talk about her banana shes eating and say its hard or something along those lines. I have to laugh to myself hahaha
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• LOL Maybe it's just the perv in me, but every time I hear someone say something like that, or talk about something being so hard,etc., I can't help but laugh a little.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my husband said a cat is a pussy cat. I guess the cat's new name is Pussy. LMAO!!. i couldn't stop myself from snickering when she left the room.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• if i'd said something like that at 12 my mom wouldnt have tried to be civilized about it she wouldve just laughed in my face lol. the pervy gene runs in the family though we find a double meaning for everything
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 6:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• If y ou are a bit embarrassed about that or feel that others will be or will tease her, perhaps you should explain to her about waht else is called pussy and that you want the cat called by its name. Or could call the cat Puss, like Puss in Boots. Kids do make a lot of jokes about things like that and if she doesn't understand the concern, she should be told. Who knows whether she understands or not. She is young though and more child like and she will likely be embarrassed. Tell her you want to talk to her about something and that you want her always to be comfortable talking to you about difficult or embarrassing things and you will give her straight answers and that you do have something to discuss with her now. This might be an opportunity for you two to laugh together over this and to develop an open relationship where you can talk about everything. Try to build that type of relationship. it will help later on.
    Sweet_Carol_126

Answer by Sweet_Carol_126 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011