SO talking to old girlfriend from school.

He was talking to old girlfriend on the phone( we r in nc and she's in fla.). We separated for short time over this and as far as I know he's not talking to her any more. Should I have been upset? He said they r just friends but, she is single.

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 5:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• i'm confused- he is or isn't talking to her anymore? and you separated before just because he was? if you guys are in separate states, than i really wouldn't worry. my SO is still best friends with some of his ex girlfriends- which at first really bothered me, until i met them- and it's obvious they are just friends (i know it's rare, but it's possible). so i no longer get jealous when he or they call each other to talk. if you trust him, it shouldn't be a big deal- but that doesn't mean it's easy, i know.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• As far as I know he's not talking to her now. But, I was in Tenn. and the day before he came to pick me up he called her. He did all this behind my back that why I don't trust him. We've been together for 7 yrs. maybe, he got the itch. We r working on things and It gets a little better each day.
    pswiley

Comment by pswiley (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• All they did was talk right? Try to keep the trust untill there is reason not to. If it was just talking it wouldnt bother me. I trust my hubby and I wouldnt mind if he went to lunch with someone and he feels the same for me.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Sounds like a pretty good reason to not trust him and leave in my opinion. Your statement "why I don't trust him." So what exactly is there to work out? Find a man who is loyal to you is what I would advise.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011