Moving? Just a little curiousity question

So, I hear every election that if "so and so" is elected the person is moving. So, I want to know something. I just want to now if it's just glib people say or if people are legit and do it.

Has anyone actually moved because someone was elected to office? I mean even if it was some mayor you didn't like or if you are now a Canadian citizen since 2004 or last week.

For those of you who didn't what do you think what someone says it? Do you laugh it off or what? Do you think it's just something people say?

OneToughMami

Asked by OneToughMami at 1:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think alot is just talk, but I think that their are a few that would and have. At least while that person was in office.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I know what you mean....I am still waiting for the Baldwin fellow to move. He said he would if Bush was elected...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• More than anything I think they use the phrase to let people know how strongly feel about that person. I didn't know about the Baldwin said that too I guess he realized it would kill his career...

perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I can't remember which Baldwin but it always makes me laugh...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• of course people did mean it...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am still waiting for the Baldwin fellow to move. He said he would if Bush was elected...

LOL... It's OK when Hollywood says it and doesn't do it. CM members only scrutinize other CM's.. It's the CMDS (Cafe Mom Double Standard)
    ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I doubt very many people have actually done it. They won't move but they will continue to gripe about everything that goes wrong.

What do I think about people who make these empty threats? I think I'd like to help them pack!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Anyone got a truck? I'll help them move.... I hear Toronto is nice this time of year....
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I was one to say it and no I haven't moved and I doubt I will however I exercised my right to say what was on my mind the day of elections. I voted and I pay taxes so yes I have the right to say what I feel. I was in support of MCCain and those who were in support of Obama would have probably said similar things had MCCain been elected President so really I don't see what the big deal is. I got out what I had to say at the time it happened. Last time I checked there is still Right to free speech so unless it is done away with I will say whatever is on my mind. If anyone has a problem with it then sue me.
    Anonymous

• To Anon: 12:36, maybe Alan Keyes will sue you !!
    Anonymous