What is going on with my hair?

My hair seem to be getting drier and drier by the day. I have highlights, and I had a baby 4 months ago. I still take my prenatal vitamin and I try to eat good and drink plenty of water, so what is going on? I have been trying to experiment with different shampoos and conditioners but nothing really seems to work. Any tips?

Also, has anyone tried WEN by Chaz Dean? I am thinking about ordering it, but it would be great to hear if it really does work.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Girl, buy yourself some Biosilk Silk Therapy. It smoothes and glossens the hair. I use it before I blow dry and after I blow dry. A little goes a long way... and now, I can't live without it! Also I use a CHI, which definately softens your hair.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I forgot to mention that it is also starting to fall out too.

pupmom: is a CHI a straightener? Where would be the best way to get one?
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am also 4 mo PP and I am loosing it by the handfull. I didnt loose any with my first 3 so I am actually hoping that it will stay thinner, my hair is super thick.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Lucky you perksmom! I need to hang on to every strand!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• CHI is a straigtening iron. You can buy them full price at Penney's or Trade Secret. You can pick one up on Ebay. Or you can go to Sally Beauty and buy their generic brand. The ceramic makes your hair silky smooth. I think you hair is falling out due to the hormonal imbalance... This is pretty normal. There are some good shampoos out there for hair loss.. But I would also check with your Dr. to make sure.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My baby is 7 mo. old and my hair started falling when I stop breast feeding him last month!!
    I've always had thick hair...and now it is much thinner. It is growing back ( I see the little pookie hairs sticking out in front!!) anyway... you can use the chi straightening iron but make sure you use their leave in oil serum (it smells awesome and leaves your hair super shiny and healthy looking ...not greasy) or use bio silk that works awesome too.
    nickzackboys

Answer by nickzackboys at 12:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I wouldn't be blow drying or using a chi on my hair if it was extremely dry. Both cause damage and dry the hair out even more. It's also not healthy to shampoo daily. Shampoo strips the natural oils in the hair.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2008