Have you ever been divorced? Do you regret getting a divorce? Or do you wish that you'd done it sooner?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• yes, and I wish I'd done it sooner, but you live and you learn.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes and my only regret was ever marrying that guy in the first place.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes i've been divorced, after 6 years of marriage and being together for 11. I wish I had gotten it a lot sooner or never married him at all. He is a sex and porm addict and it resulted in a lot of cheating and even physical and verbal abuse. I stayed for our son and was simply miserable. And I finally realized that me being miserable made my son miserable. It was the best and hardest decision of my life. I am a million times happier in my second and last marriage.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes, I've been divorced. I did it after enough time (4 years) and I have absolutely no regrets about it at all.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't regret getting married. I wouldn't have my one son if I hadn't married him. Do I regret getting divorced, oh heck no. Do I wish I would have done it sooner--yes.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Divorced once and my only regret is that I didn't listen to my gut about him cheating (could never prove it) and married him any way. About 6 months later he told me got someone else pregnant and was going to help her raise the child and leave me.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I've been married and divorced twice. I wish I never would of married the second one, we had alot of problems but ignored them. We split 4 months after we married.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 6:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I have been divorced and I wish that I was brave enough to have done it sooner. He was a physical/emotional abuser and treated me horrible but I was scared of him and I still sortof am .
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes been divorced. I dont regret it, what I regret was getting married. We were only married 4 months before separating and it took 3 years to get divorce b/c he would not pay for half and I finally sucked it up and paid for it myself.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 7:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes I've been divorced a couple of times. I don't regret the divorces. I regret the marriages. I never wanted them. My parents kept pushing me in to them.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011