Does your church talk about sex? Does it have a marriage ministry? What do they discuss?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• our church has a marraige ministry, and even a couple's weekend out every few months, but my DH and I haven't been to any of their meetings. They do bible study with a focus on spousal relationships and they provide marriage counseling if it's wanted/needed. It really sounds like fun, their schedule just doesn't fit with ours :/
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Nope but not that it is taboo but because we do have what is call a Sozo ministry and we do have private counseling so to speak for married couples.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I wonder why especially in the marriage ministry we dont talk more about sexual problems?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm not Christian. And I don't belong to any religious "group" so there is no church like setting at all for me. My path is rather self accessed. That said in just about every "Pagan living" class, book or website sex, marriage and relationships are a huge section. It's generally recognized that sex is a natural part of life and that it's a part of a healthy relationship. Because of that it's encouraged that we explore and enhance our sex lives with our partner as a tool to strengthen our relationship (be it marriage or not.)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• At my church, we're about to have a Sunday morning series entitled, "Sex--It's Time for 'The Talk'." Does that answer your question? :-)
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Excellent Tina!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011