How many weeks do I have to be to ask my doctor for an Induction?

I am 38 weeks and I been having trouble sleeping I can be so tired but If I lay on my bed nothing will happen the only time that I really fall asleep is at 5 :00 in the morning.

MommyG203

Asked by MommyG203 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i asked for an induction at 37 weeks and had one at 38 weeks it was nice to have a date and time!
    xlilmija19x

Answer by xlilmija19x at 10:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Im in the same boat there. I am 37 weeks, I go to the doctors tomrrow and they are sopose to induce me the next day. Mine also has to do with me keeping high blood pressure also though.
    shorty102887

Answer by shorty102887 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It really depends on your Dr. Most won't induce until the 39th week. They want you to let nature take it's course. If the baby is healthy and neither of you are at risk, they most likely won't do it out of convenience for you. I dealt with high blood pressure my whole pregnancy, and my physician wouldn't induce me until my actual due date... I went ahead and went into labor 4 days before that! Hang in there!
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• u could talk to ur dr now and see hwat he says. they have different times that they will actually do one. like my dr wouldnt do one with my first till there was a medical problem or i was 2 weeks late, but with my son he induced when i was 40 weeks just cause my previous pregnancy was healthy. couldnt hurt to ask though!
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i know this doesn't answer your specific question but it might help...if the only time you sleep is at 5 in the morning..then sleep then! Read a book, watch tv, clean...whatever until you are tired and sleep when you can. Your body will fall back to it's natural rythm after you deliver, or I should say your babies natural rythm :) Just go with what works..and hang in there!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• it all depends ob the doctor u have. with my 1st, i asked for it and she did it, i had my baby 2 days later...with this pregnancy, the hospital i was being seen at said they would not do it, but we had to move, and the doc im seeing now says she will do it for me since there is no point in being miserable and the baby just keeps taking up more space. so it all depends on the doctor u get.
    ttkbrent

Answer by ttkbrent at 1:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2008