Food Ideas for my lil man's birthday party?

I am a single mommy trying to save every dime that I can what are some affordable birthday party foods that are both adult & kid friendly my son will be turning 5.Already saved big money on cake my grandma will be making it

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 6:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• 'pin wheels' are a cute idea. You get flour tortillas or any flavor like sundried tomato or spinach tortillas etc and put your favorite sandwich toppings in it like, mayo, turkey, cheese, lettuce, etc and roll really tight and cut them into about inch thick 'wheels'. Very yummy and easy to make. Good pick up food. You can also do peanut butter and jelly ones(more messy) but good. (Oh and Smear the mayo/cream cheese all over the tortilla first then add the toppings) GL
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• hot dogs, chips, hamburgers, pizza, chicken maybe
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 6:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Pigs 'N Blankets, sloppy joes, muffin pizzas, a hot dog bar with chili for the grown ups, and assorted kid friendly toppings.

Hashbrown Casserole is very filling and kids and adults love it, so you could do hot dogs or sloppy joes with the hashbrown casserole and a veggie platter or salad or fresh fruit...if you want an actual meal.

Or you could do finger foods, and do sandwiches cut with a cookie cutter, pigs 'n blankets, a veggie platter and a fruit platter.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Baked ziti. Pasta is cheap and most kids love it, as well as grown-ups. A big tray of baked ziti should run you about $15 and can feed a lot of people.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011