Are you a "tiger mom"??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• blank stare

Anonymous

• depends...what is it?? lol
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2043313,00.html
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• or you can google "tiger mom"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• answer is nope!!
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• To an extent. Yes I was a "tiger mom" in some areas/way.. I was raised by a supreme "tiger mom".. lol.. I'm way more lax on somethings than she was.

My mom was a "tiger mom" about everything and anything. Me. I was a tiger mom in some areas and not others. Mostly academic areas. I knew what my son was capable of, and below his capability level was unacceptable.

If it matters. Yes, I am of Asian descent. I am of Indian descent. I know this whole "Tiger mom" thing has sprung from the book that has been recently released.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Omg I watched that woman on the TODAT Show and was completely disgusted by her! Nope not a Tiger mom... barf
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Oops! *******TODAY Show
    madsmom314

• In some ways, yes I guess I am. I am strict with him when it comes to academics. He spends at least an hour everyday doing his workbook activities. This is after school and he is in pre-K. I expect him to do well and work with him on those things he is struggling with. I do give him free time, but academics comes first with me and always will. In sports he can choose if he wants to play or not but if he says he wants to he has to give his all for the entire season. He is not allowed to quit and he has to actually try.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No...........that's terrible about the card. How mean was that! I would never do that to my daughter and break her poor little heart! When she is older, we will be strict about her school work, but I still want her to have a childhood.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2011