what is/was you child/children's special lovie?

zombie_cupcake

Asked by zombie_cupcake at 6:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My youngest had a wolf blanket with fringe. She would wrap the fringe around her finger and thumb and rub it acrossed the bottom of her nose lol. She did this until she was about 2.5 and then stopped with the nose rubbing and then shortly after didnt need the blankie anymore.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• my son has these two stuffed horsie thingys that he lovessssss. he used to have 4 but we moved and somehow they went missing :( my daughter doesnt have anything like that yet.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 6:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My kids have never gotten attached to anything. My older son has had stuffed animals that he preferred for a period of time, but they changed frequently. I think it's pretty common for full-term breastfed, cosleeping kids. They just never have a need to find comfort in an inanimate object.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• stuffed monkey
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• He has a blue blankie that he sleeps with and he rotates his animals out. He has about 10 that he sleeps with on and off.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My son has this washcloth frog. It looks like a frog and has a washcloth for a belly. The poor thing looks like frankenfrog. LOL My son is 3 and has been attached to it for about 2.5 years.
    mrsjksimmons

Answer by mrsjksimmons at 8:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My daughter is crazy about her Fisher-Price Glow Seahorse. Little does she know, we are actually on our second one. She is 2 and when she gets kind of scared or wakes up in the night I always hear her turn it's music on and then she gets right back to sleep. :)
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 2:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My ds had a stuffed animal that was an otter like a sea otter that we got from the gift shop at the aquarium. He loved that thing. I think he liked it because it was different from the usual teddy bears. My dd lol was obsessed with wet washcloths. She would just suck and suck on them for hours. I think it was soothing for her teething. Thought she would never give it up. She did this for over a year. I would go to wipe her face with a wet washcloth and she would take hold of it and get a death grip lol

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my son has had a stuffed animal bear since he was born and when we got rid of the binky he constantly had to have the bear next to him now he has a scentsy frog and loves to carry them both around :) I think its so cute so see him carrying them around! Much better than a binky or thumb sucking by far!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2011