Do you ever watch those lock=up shows/

They are a trip to see how bad they got it in there is good thing for young teens to see, that jail is no joy ride.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Entertainment

• I love Beyond Scared Straight on A&E..they take tweens/teens into jails/prisons and have inmates show them what it's like inside and how it's no joke to end up there!! I LOVE IT!!!!
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I don't.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• sometimes interesting
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Nope,I dont watch simply because my son works in a correctional facility and has to deal with that every day. I dont want to know the details.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 9:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i like Beyond Scared Straight on A&E too! its funny sometimes! i do watched locked up as well
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 11:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i love watching banged up abroad
    san78

• To Anon up there: I would be straight up pissed if I found out they were taking my children to a jail/prison for a "field trip". No, it should not be mandatory. No field trip should....that's why parents have to sign for their children to go.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 7:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• cryingI watched the one with girls a couple weeks ago that was good scared those girls

peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think they should show these types of shows in school NOW. I also think they should take one day and make field trips to prisons and show them. Show them the realities. It should be mandatory.

Show the kids what a life of crime will take them. Show them how its not fun on the inside.I worry about the workers in prisons cause Ive heard some mean stories and I know how some guards mess people up right when they are about to get released and what can they do( a friends son was locked up for breaking/entering) and one guy, in for 10 yrs about to leave the NEXT day he said one guard hit the other and they blamed it on the guy and he watched what happened. The guy got another 6 months or something and they picked on him all the time. There are rogue cops like the criminals they watch. Shame there is not better control. they all need therapy, its a tough job and I pray they all get the help needed inside and out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2011