Do you allow your children to believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny? Why or why not?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• im not going to teach my kids that they are real. some parents just try so hard to make kids believe it and why? whats the point?
    because at some point their hearts broke because some older kids breaks the truth to them.

also too many people make these holidays about these make believe things when really they are meant to be about Jesus and the things he has done for us. we shoulnt put things that dont even exsist above our savoir
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 7:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes, I will when my daughter is old enough to understand the fun etc. I loved it when holidays came cause of them! It's all fun and games + it gets them more excited
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No because they are lies. I feel hypocritical to teach them to be truthful then feed them lies then coat it with cavity forming candy.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I did, because innocence is a beautiful thing.

Answer by older at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• yes, just because it is fun and exciting and the magic of the holidays, BUT we never let Santa out give Mommy and Daddy! LOL! As for the easter bunny it isn't that big of a deal here at our house. Easter bunny leaves a few small things and all done
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 7:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• no, because we're jewish
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 7:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes I did because it is part of the innocent magic of childhood. I think it's an important step in helping to develop their imaginations.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• We don't really talk about them. We have the holidays and we tell them things are from Mommy and Daddy but if Grandma and Grandpa want to talk about Santa or the East Bunny I am not going to tell the kids that they are lying. And it stems from the fact that I did not grow up celebrating holidays myself so I have a hard time doing them with our little ones.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No.

Our home is a Sikh/Hindu household, we do not celebrate Christmas or Easter.

(( the word "allow" isn't fitting in regards to us/our family. It's simply that we do not celebrate those holidays, therefore there is was no reason for my son to believe in those entities.))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes I did because it is part of the innocence of childhood.  They also learn critical thinking as they grow out of it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011