my baby makes weird noises when he eats. normal?

he grunts, moans and makes all sort of weird souns only when eating. does anyone elses do that?? he is 2 weeks old btw

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 1:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD still does that and she is 9 months. She has actually gotten worse since we introduced solids.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• lol....yes. It's normal.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• yes its normal my son is one month and is very loud when feeding>
    101008

Answer by 101008 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yup! My guy is also a gulper, which can be HILARIOUS, like when I'm breastfeeding fairly discreetly and all of the sudden all eyes on me and this sounds coming from under the blanket. Babies are definitely not quiet little creatures. LOL, I was at the Coach store today and he was farting very loudly, I felt so classy. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• lol, normal! My daughter would "root" at that age, and we called her out little piggy! It was hilarious, she would have her mouth open and shake her head back and forth looking for my boob, even though it was right in front of her face, and she would snort the whole time...lmao!! She stopped probably around 3 months old though.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have been reading the above responses and just cracking up!! Our baby girl is eight weeks old and does the exact same thing. I just laugh when she does it (which is everytime she eats) and call her my little piglet. enjoy it now bc its a lot better than the arguing i get from my four year old trying to GET him to eat
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 8:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yep, my 8 month old has been doing it since she was born. My husband lughs when ever he hears her, he says "wow, she is really enjoying it!"
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2008