W2 not gettin out!!

My husbands former employer just e mailed me again and says his check bounced that he paid payroll for processing, I was told W2'shad to be postmarked by the 31st . What kind of penalties and fines will he get for not getting them out in time? How much of a fine? I know this guy don't care he still owes my hunny money for his check so he clearly don't care and he is mad because my hubby left because of all these reasons.. and more!

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• contact the department of labor. He owes your DH money and he will be in trouble for not having the w-2 out. The department of labor will handle both issues.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I think they changed the date for W2s this year to - has to be mailed out by Feb14th. I know I am waiting and have everything but the one W2 that I still need.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My husband has been delivering them all day... he is a mailman... and he was telling me that as long as it is postmarked by the 31st the employeer is still in their legal rights. Otherwise you'd need to contact IRS
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2011