Do you or did you put cereal in your baby's formula??

If so, when did you start and how much did you put in? Did it help keep hiim/her full longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no. It is no longer recommended, as it poses a sids risk and it doesn't make them sleep any longer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No I don't and it's actually a chocking hazzard to put cereal in bottles and a old wives tale it honestly doesn't help make lo's sleep any better either
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• NO!!!!

It's NOT recommended, it has been PROVEN that it will NOT make your baby sleep longer, it's a choking hazard and it's a GREAT way to give your baby digestion issues so I guess if that's what you aiming for go for it but otherwise....NO!
    Anonymous

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• no
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I only BF the babies and didn't start cereal until it was recommended at 6 months.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• No. My pediatrician was very clear that doing so can be harmful to the baby. Don't start any solid food until your pediatrician tells you it is o.k.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Why would you want/need to keep them full longer? They are infants with small stomachs that are growing quickly and need fed frequently!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Oh jeez no! Like everyone else has said, it's a choking hazard and can cause serious digestive problems. My mom tried and tried to talk me into doing that after I lost my milk and had to go to formula, but I had already researched it. Babies are supposed to be fed frequently, their stomachs are teeny.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011