Egypt?

Does this remind anyone of when things were going on
In iraq area? I am finding myself worring about this more than
I thought I would.

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 7:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Me too. I was watching the news, people are going nuts! Whew!
    Anonymous

• I reminds me of when the Iranian hostages were takes in 1979. For 444 days we watched and worried. It reminds me of the Lebanon unrest and the bombing of the barracks. It reminds me of a lot, but not the Iraq issues. They pale in comparison to the Iranian revolution.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's breaking my heart. I used to live there back when Sadat was president. I lived there when my grandpa was stationed there with Amoco Oil Co. The Egyptian population I witnessed was a hard working, family based group just like your family & mine. I tears me up to see them in such a violent state of mind. I am not privvy to the issues there right now other than what the US news media tells us. But, It makes me cry when I see the City and streets I used to roam becoming a war zone. It does remind me VERY much of the Iraq situation. I just hope the Egyptian people don't take to destroying their museums, libraries, artifacts & history like the Iraqis did. Egypt has SOOO much to share with the rest of the world that cant be seen or learned anywhere else.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It is a more dangerous situation than people seem to grasp. If not handled correctly (which I question) there could be dangerous repercussions all over the world.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

I have to say, I agree with this. But mostly Iran. No comparison to Iraq. I remember all those events as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I really don't remember the Iranian (sp) hostages in 79 I was only 8. I just
    Keep wondering what effects (?) This is going to have on the world
    mommy2each

Comment by mommy2each (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's getting bad. Scary situation. I hope it ends soon but I doubt it will.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Carpy is correct.. if this doesnt get settled soon it will affect Israel ... lets just say we do not want to go there... yet.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Egypt isn't under US Occupation and the people didn't protest like this to get rid of Saddam.  Like everyone else said, Iran. 

Patient.Mama

Answer by Patient.Mama at 6:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• When I say this reminds me of the Iraq situation, I don't mean in the political reasoning sense. I mean it in the sense of the violence of the people. The mobs, violence & destruction. I, too, am old enough to remember the hostage situation, the destruction of Beirut, etc. So, from a political POV, none of them are the same. But, the public rage, disorder, violence & destruction are all visibly & emotinally the same.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2011