what is up with my DD!

shes 4 almost 5...
again daddys gone, has been gone and is due home in april/may...

but latly everytime i tell riley to do something she doesnt do it i get a tone in my voice or when companys over and i kinda bark at her to stop doing something or i yell at her or i punish her she breaks down in fake tears and scream you dont like me anymore, you dont like me!! over and over again like a broken record! untill i say thats enough!

its getting old..

help!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 7:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• She keeps doing it because it makes you feel bad and you give in. Ask her to do something and if she doesn't, get up and make her do it right then and there. The same if she doesn't stop something. If she pulls the, "you don't love me anymore" line simply tell her she is being manipulative and to stop that too.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Be consistant and let her know its unacceptable behavior.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• She misses Dad.
    Anonymous

• i wouls say cause she misses her daddy, its hard for little kids to explain how they are feeling and might not know how to deal with thier emotions. Maybe try to be a lil bit more patience and maybe ask her how she feeling and help her explain her feelings. And for the " u dont like me anymore" just sit her down with u and tell her u know thats not true mommy loves u and u know that.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• have a one on one conversation and time outs work great at any age
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 7:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• or u can tell her that it hurts ur feeling when she tells u that
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• ive always told my kids to exspress there feelings and tell me how they feel but it hurts when she takes it as far as saying i hate u or u hate me dont you. DH thingks its totally disrespectfuland so do i..
    when she says things like that tho i drag her punishment out. make her stand in the corner etc etc i dont tolerate disrespectufl ness
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011