For those that had their child get the Gardisil shot,

did they have any reaction to it? (any kind of reaction, even cold-like symptoms) To any of them, btw. If so, did you still have them get the others in the series?
And, if you don't believe in this vaccine, that's totally fine. But, I believe I'm doing what's best for my children. Please keep negative comments to yourself. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I've been wondering about that vaccine myself, i will get it for my DD. But, i have been curious of any side effects. It's still a pretty new vaccine. I tripped when they wanted me to give it to her so young, I told them we'll wait until her 12 year shots.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Neither of my kids had any problem at all.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My granddaughter is 8 We have discussed this at length with the pediatrician. She wants to give it to her when she turns 9. I'm not sure I trust it yet. I did immunize all my kids, and now my grandkids. This one is just a bit new for me. I think I will wait a few more years so we have some more information complied. Hopefully by the time she is 12 I will feel comfortable enough to have it done.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's still a very new vaccine so a lot of the side effects, long and short term are unknown
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• My cousin had it at 25 and suffered with extreme muscle pain in that arm,nausea,vomiting,loss of appetite,and headaches. If it will do THAT to an adult,I'm not about to give it to a child!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I won't be giving it to my girls, unless something about it changes in the next however many yrs. I have never heard a good thing about it.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 7:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It's been out for several years. My 2 boys just got the second dose 2 days ago. Yesterday my oldest started with cold-like symptoms. My younger son is fine. Neither had any symptoms with the first dose. Now I'm a bit worried about getting him the last one. Thing is, this could be totally unrelated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• They give boys the Gardisil shot?

I worked in a Pediatric clinic and gave the shot a lot. Most of the girls complained that the shot hurt and made the muscle sore for a couple days after.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• i got both doses done and didnt get the third because i ended up getting pregnant, no side effects other than the arm i got the injection in was so sore i couldnt move it for a week
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yes, they give the shot to boys now. It's supposed to help prevent cancers in boys as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2011