moms help advice please!

I need some good sound advice that will help me with my 9 yr old son,he swears and swears even when I tell him to stop it and I even punish him. I can't seem to get through to my son and he is getting out of control at school and even now on the bus. He got into an altercation at school I have no idea why and he wont talk to me he just glares at me and swears. As soon as he got home I put him in his room and told him he doesnt get to come out accept to use the bathroom and I will bring him his food. I can't have this behavior it leaves a huge cloud in the home and I've tried asking him whats going on at school and I get nothing. Just last week was teacher conference and the teacher really is proud of him and said he is trying so hard in his studies and she had nothing bad to report so I dont get it. I'm drawing a blank. The behavior has been getting worse now since school started and he is being extremely defiant. What can I do other than making him stay in his room,taking things he loves? How do I get this behavior to stop?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 7:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• All children have cash. Does he have a wii or gaming system? I would take things away until he straightens his act out. Have you thought about a counselor?
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Yea but money is tight. I'm taking his computer time away for a week,if I need to do it longer I will. I'm definitly not allowing him to go play with his friends. I'm trying to figure out why he's lashing out so seriosuly too.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• I would say the why he is acting up part is the important part.  Can you talk to the school counselor?

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• think if anything has changed in his lifestyle. a move, divorce, death, then seek a family counciler. there are cheap ones through the county health and human services if money is an issue. they have magical ways of making kids feel comfortable to talk. let him go by himself a few times so he can feel more free to say everything on his mind. then dont ask him what was said at the sessions or he will feel less comfortable next time to talk. sometimes we as mothers have to give the situations up to a higher power. prey hard and do all you can to stay sain and produce love!
    rms7

Answer by rms7 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• have you tried maybe taking him somewhere to talk? someplace that is neutral you know- go get a soda together or jsut a ride in the car sometimes can get my kids to talk to me...
    if he just won't then I would talk to the school counselor and see if they have any ideas or can point you to someone

good luck with this
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You say he got into an altercation at school. Do you mean a fight or argument with another kid? Since this happened at school I would talk with the school counselor about it. Maybe you already have? Good luck!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 6:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• So he is not communicating with you so you send him off to his room so he doesnt have to communicate with you for hours ? didnt work did it ? BECAUSE your not building any bridges , your creating canyons . SPEND so much time with your son that he just cant. stand it , do his favorite activities with him , watch tv together get to know WHO he is ... eventually because your the only person around to talk to you will know whats up . and you and your son bond .
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2011